Monday, January 2, 2012

A Little Bit Crafty

I think I am just a little bit crafty. I enjoy scrapbooking and I have completed some work that I am proud of. I have given most of it away as gifts, so I don't have anything that I can take a picture of. I may try to create something new soon, so I can take pictures. My grandmother gave me a sewing machine several years ago, so I have tried to use that. Since we moved, it has been kept in storage, but I feel motivated to pull it out and start trying to sew again. My grandmother supplied me with a ton of fabric, so now I just have to settle on what to make and what fabric to use.


This was my first sewing project. I made matching dresses for my girls. The seams are a bit unfinished, and the lines are not perfectly straight. (It is a bit wrinkled from being stored in the dresser, but you can still get an idea of how it looks.) I think it was OK for a first project. I followed a tutorial online, but I will have to look for it to figure out which one it was. I cannot find the smaller dress, but it looks the same, only I think the colors are arranged in a reverse order. My girls did wear them and they did like them, but they are too small now. So, now I have to start a new sewing project. I am going to take a look at the fabric I have and see what inspires my creativity.

Are you working on any sewing projects at the moment?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...