Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organization When You're a Mom

I know organization is important, for moms who stay at home, work from home, or work outside the home. There are so many things that need to be done, but the days can get hectic if you don't have a schedule or plan in place. I know a lot of moms that stay at home who do more than I ever did when I was working, and I know moms that work outside the home that have to try and get everything done around their work schedules. I am now in a place where I am able to work from home, which is a wonderful opportunity, but it can get overwhelming. I don't like being glued to the computer all day, but I know I need to get work done. I am trying to do preschool with my girls, but it is difficult to stick to the schedule.
I created a schedule and have papers hanging all around my desk. It is cluttered and I often get distracted, especially when I have a lot of work to do or have things I need to do around the house. I have been browsing through online stores that sell planners, to see if there is anything that catches my eye. I like to be able to look at things on a calendar or piece of paper, versus using an online planner or the one on my phone.

So, my first step to becoming organizing is to redo my schedule. I was updating it weekly, but I couldn't even stick to the schedule of updating a schedule. This is my current way to try and stay organized, but it clutters the kitchen walls and is not as effective as I would like. I have papers up that relate to things with my son's school (lunch menus, days off), as well as charts for cleaning, important dates, and a detailed plan for every day.




I found a few great sites that offer free planner printables that I may use at some point.

MomAgenda Printables

MommyTracked Printables

The Household Planner Printables 

Printable Calendars with different designs

For right now, I am using some planners that are available on my desktop. I am still hoping to buy one of those beautiful mommy planners. Mom Agenda has planners for sale that look wonderful. I love the blue one and the one with a zebra design.

Do you use a daily planner? How do you stay organized?

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready to broach this subject myself! I don't even know where to start! LOL. I'm thinking of putting together a "book" with schedules and such and blogging about it. It's a huge task though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...